Friday, September 17, 2010

Internship progress at Hotel Savoy Baur en Ville Zuerich

Things are changing, times are flowing, memories are growing, workload are getting more, and winter is also coming.

At the beginning of the Internship, everything was new to me, I don't even know a thing in the working place because I was new. But, I believe I will learn and know about it when time comes.
It wasn't too hard to work here, not too busy, crazy, insane, complicated but just hectics at the beginning.

As time passed, I learned more and more things and almost knowing what to do all the time because I am doing it everyday. Indeed, those things turned into boredom because everything is the same and nothing new to be learned. As I worked here for almost 2 months, I realized that the most hardest people to face is the hotel managers and directors but not the guests.

Somehow, why does people's being so hard to be learned? Characteristic, personality, temper, manners, etc.....................

In the hotel, I experienced many type of different people here although I am here for just 2 months plus, such as weirdo, rich, average, crazy, impolite, psychotic, etc.
There are some quests that being very polite and kind to us, but there many crazy and weirdo rich guests out there that act weird and demanding unknown requests.
Perhaps, different guests from different countries determined they characteristic and manners sometimes.

I don't really like the procedures and some of the staff over here. In fact, there are no standard procedure to follow from time to time, rule and regulation are set as a reference but not as a principal, while pilferage's would be a major things that I can see the most happening in the hotel without any control by the staffs.

Recently, the hotel suddenly turned from an average occupancy into a full occupancy rates. Thing turned into whole lots busier than before while it would be a challenge that I need to face regarding to my backache problem which dragging be behind the speed.

Now, my progress is currently on the 2.5/6 months of my internship, I really can't wait till the moments I say "Ciao Hotel Savoy, I will never come back again" towards the end of this internship and go home.

"We need to learn to walk before we can run"
Alex.

2 comments: